BestStart Washington is currently developing programs and facilitating partnerships to address these priority issues. To learn more, contact us.
- Improve the rates of immunizations:
- Through a QI project with the Department of Health to improve adolescent immunization rates in practice.
- In partnership with the Department of Health to provide education to child care providers on vaccine-preventable diseases and improve their influenza and pertussis immunization rates.
- Among children by addressing and alleviating parents’ concerns about the safety and efficacy of vaccines.
- Reduce childhood obesity by improving nutrition and physical activity in child care and early learning settings.
- Improve kindergarten readiness by increasing the number of children who receive developmental screenings in pediatric offices and early learning settings.
- Expand collaboration with communities, pediatricians, health care facilities and other partners to address emerging needs that will support the development of healthy children.